Sunday, February 20, 2011

This one is for Taynement…..


She says she has deleted me from her blog roll. I refuse to let that happen. Seriously though, I have really missed blogging. You know that famous C.S Lewis quote; "If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world." This blog has been on my mind a lot lately, so I figured the most probable explanation; it was time to write something.

First things first, I guess happy 2011 . I hope everyone is doing well. I ended 2010 in a very bad place but we wont go into that right now. I am just happy to be back. I think it’s only fitting that my first post back should be a random..

Currently watching my fair wedding with David Tutera, I am not ashamed to say I am in love with that man. In a perfect world he would plan my wedding, shoot, I even have the dress from his bridal gown line that I want to wear.

Speaking of weddings, I am in one this summer and we have to wear two aso ebi outfits, why didn’t anyone tell me the price to sew native in the US? I am experiencing major sticker shock, I have henceforth warned all my friends, no more!

I quit facebook. I realized how much time I spent on it. I don’t know if I will go back but right now the plan is to be away for at least 2 months.

Still on facebook, I used to scoff at people whose relationship status was “its complicated”. Sad to say, I may be in a similar situation. I am working really hard on the decomplication process and I am happy to announce I am well on my way to success. Pray for me y’all

Last year, I reconnected with my primary school bff on facebook, we hadn’t spoken for at least 16 years and we picked right back up as if we were 9 all over again. She also writes a blog. I love that her posts are very “relatable”.

I learnt a very valuable lesson about myself and life at the car wash the other day, I think it deserves its own post, I will be back with full details later.

I was watching a show on TV, and this lady talked about how all she ate was pizza, cinnamon rolls, chicken tenders and French fries. I have not eaten anything fried or drank any soda in more than a year and I work out 5 times a week and yet her body looked better than mine, I struggled not to be bitter.

I think that’s enough randoming for one post, I am off to go walk in the park, I promised myself that I would take better advantage of the nice weather this year. That winter was brutal y’all..

6 comments:

Rita said...

I was wondering where you had been....Happy New Year and welcome back. May 2011 bring you joy and restore you what you were expecting in 2010.

I pray you have the ability and wisdom to "decomplicate" the relationship.

Going to check out your friend's blog...

LOL @ "I have not eaten anything fried or drank any soda in more than a year and I work out 5 times a week and yet her body looked better than mine, I struggled not to be bitter..."

Wishing you a fulfilling 2011 and beyond.

olusimeon said...

welcome back..
happy new year..

Myne said...

Long time o, welcome back. Happy new year and many more blessings may it bring us all.

Plenty randoms, goodluck with your BFF, and keeping the weight away. I'm struggling too.

Reverence said...

@Rita..thanks for checking up on me

@simeone..hola!

@myne.. Thank you!! good luck to you too.

Sisi Yemmie said...

welcome back oh...and please start stalking my blog too :)
#
www.gistdotcom.blogspot.com

hip class action said...

So what's happen between you and taynement? i love reading both of your blogs dear. Hope everything is fine.