Wednesday, September 22, 2010
1. How old will you be in five years? 31
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? Nobody
3. How tall are you? 5ft 6'
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? My close friend’s wedding and seeing my crew from college days
5. What’s the last movie you saw? Takers
6. Who was the last person you called? My mama
7. Who was the last person to call you? labi
8. What was the last text message you received? "Why do I find myself watching glee and loving it" from my cousin, she swore she would never watch the show
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail? labi
10. Do you prefer to call or text? Text
11. What were you doing at 12am last night? Sleeping
12. Are your parents married/separated/divorced? None of the above
13. When is the last time you saw your mom? 3 weeks ago
14. What color are your eyes? Brown
15. What time did you wake up today? 6.18am
16. What are you wearing right now? Skirt, ruffled top and a belt
17. What is your favorite Christmas song? Santa Baby
18. Where is your favorite place to be? On my couch watching TV
19. Where is your least favorite place to be? Obligatory family events
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? Travel around the world?
21. Where do you think you’ll be in 10 years? Most likely in the US
22. Do you tan or burn? Never burnt so I guess, tan?
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? ghosts
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? A joke my pastor told
25. How many TVs do you have in the house? 1
26. How big is your bed? Queen size
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? A laptop and a netbook
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? With.. I am paranoid
29. What color are your sheets? Orange
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? two
31. What is your favorite season? Fall or spring
32. What do you like about fall? See above
34. What do you like about the summer? Summer shows on USA network
35. What do you like about spring? See question 31
36. How many US states have you lived in? 3
37. How many US cities/towns have you lived in? 6
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? socks
39. Are you a social person? no
40. What was the last thing you ate? A sandwich
41. What is your favorite restaurant? I really love food so I am going to say any place that’s not Italian
42. What is your favorite ice cream? The pie who loved me from coldstone creamery
43. What is your favorite dessert? cheesecake
44. What is your favorite kind of soup? Chicken soup
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB and J sandwich? Don’t eat PBJ
46. Do you like Chinese food? yep
47. Do you like coffee? Cappuccinos yea
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average? 2-3 bottles
49. What do you drink in the morning? water
50. What non-banking related card in your wallet is the most valuable to you? My ID
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? The right
52. Do you know how to play poker? Nope
53. Do you like to cuddle? yea
54. Have you ever been to Canada? No
55. Do you have an addictive personality? Yes
56. Do you eat out or at home more often? home
57. What do you miss about highschool, if anything? Nothing
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Yea 3
59. Do you want kids? Not sure yet
60. Do you speak any other languages? than english? yea
61. Have you ever gotten stitches? No
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? No
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? Ocean, the beach is my happy place
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? window
65. Do you know how to drive stick? I learnt but I probably forgot it was 11 yrs ago
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Décor for my apt
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7? none
68. What is your favorite TV show? Grey’s anatomy
69. Can you roll your tongue? No :(
70. Who is the funniest person you know? My brother and he does not mean to be funny
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? Uhm no
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone? The one that came with the phone. My phone is always on silent
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? Nope
74. What red object is closest to you right now? The case for my itouch
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? No
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? closed
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? None of the above
78. Do you flirt a lot? No.
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Ranch Dressing
80. What is your favorite food? Used to be anything with plantain right now. Not so sure
81. Can you change the oil on a car? Nope
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? yea
83. Have you ever run out of gas? Nope
84. What is your usual bedtime? 11pm
85. What was the last book you read? The Alibi by susan brown
86. Do you read the newspaper? No.
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? 3. Essence, Fitness, Better homes and garden
89. Do you watch soap operas? no
90. Do you dance in the car? Yes
91. What radio station did you last listen to? 94.9
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? Does the picture on my phone count?
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? Phone numbers
94. What is your favorite candle scent? citrus cilantro from pier 1 imports
95. What is your favorite board game? Apples to apples.. not really a board game but wateva
96. How do you groom your nails? Biting :( and manicures and pedicures when i get a chance
97. When was the last time you attended church? 3 weeks ago
98. Who was your favorite teacher in high school? none
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent? Never camped out in a tent
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you? My bestie.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Thursday, August 5, 2010
As of Tuesday August 3rd 2010, me and school are finito, as in done as in, i never want to see another textbook forever. These past 2 years have been no joke, all kind of drama popping off left and right. but God is faithful.. i can now put the 3 letters after my name. . otito dili chineke!
Today is august 5. anybody want to guess what that means? yep, it's my birthday. I am now officially closer to 30 than 20 and I could not be happier.
I feel like i have finally grown into my own skin, even though I don’t have many aspects of my life figured out i am very optimistic about the future and i know my Father's got my back so no shakin :)
My birthday is already off to a great start. I think i already got the best present ever. For the past 2 years i have been lusting after a purse from B.Makowsky but I was not willing/able to spend about $200 on one. So why did the boy just leave my house after depositing a grey box containing yep you guessed it a b.makowsky! and in the color that I want.. black. Yeeeaah!!!
I also get to leave work early and spend the evening with a lot of my family at my cousin’s graduation. Some of the people I have not seen in years so you know I am prepping myself for the weight comments. *sigh*
P.S happy belated birthday to two of my favorite people on and off blogger. Original Mgbeke and Jaycee. It is an honor to share this week with you and I am so glad y’all were born. Yes I said y’all… I live in Texas.. free me!
P.P.S since I am done with the torture called school, I am hoping my blogging will become less sporadic..
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Anyhoo i decided to cheat and do a "things i am feeling lately post"
EAT, PRAY AND LOVE. (I usually don't like authobiographies or journal kind of stuff but i really enjoyed this and learnt a lot too.)
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book.
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it."
"There is so much about my fate that I cannot control, but other things do fall under the jurisdiction. I can decide how I spend my time, whom I interact with, whom I share my body and life and money and energy with. I can select what I can read and eat and study. I can choose how I'm going to regard unfortunate circumstances in my life-whether I will see them as curses or opportunities. I can choose my words and the tone of voice in which I speak to others. And most of all, I can choose my thoughts."
"In desperate love, we always invent the characters of our partners, demanding they be what we need of them, and then feeling devastated when they refuse to perform the role we created in the first place."
"Faith is walking face-first and full-speed into the dark. If we truly knew all the answers in advance as to the meaning of life and the nature of God and the destiny of our souls, our belief would not be a leap of faith and it would not be a courageous act of humanity; it would just be... a prudent insurance policy."
This is a little know gospel singing family. i think the song is beautiful
Good ole marvin...
I will be back soon, i promise for real..
Friday, June 11, 2010
please forgive my blog laziness...How has everyone been?
i came across this article and JUST had to share.
its an interesting read.
I will be back with a proper post, i promise!
P.S: it's summer y'all!!!
Monday, April 26, 2010
Ok on to the business of things I love. It’s in no particular order so…
1) Cooking: well actually feeding people, I love cooking for the people in my life; I am pretty convinced my boyfriend is with me just for the food.
2) Reading: Give me a good book and sufficient junk food and I am set for days. Grad school and CPA exam have been doing me strong ting so I have not been reading as much but august oh sweet august…
3) Sunday Morning Worship: I don’t think there is really much to say about this. There is no other way I’d rather start my week.
4) Music: Good music that is. And it doesn’t matter what genre. I feel like music is the most amazing form of self expression. No matter how you feel at any given time there is a song for it..
5) Home Decorating/ Entertaining: I have a subscription to Better Homes and Gardens magazine so I guess enough said?
6) My family/Friends: I am quite convinced most of them are crazy but yep there is pretty much nothing I wouldn’t do for them.
7) Shoes: I am a single woman with no children to support, so yea a good portion of my disposable income is spent on footwear. Don’t judge me!
8) Bargain Hunting: I am addicted to the red tag; I don’t remember when last I paid full price for anything that was not food.
9) Traveling: if I could I would go to every part of the world. It doesn’t matter if it’s North Dakota or China. I am just so interested in seeing how other people live
10) Conversations that give me insight into a person’s life: you know those kinds of conversation where you feel like you are getting to see the real person? And it really doesn’t matter what we talk about.
I tag Jaycee, Nice Anon, Simeone , Mgbeks (maybe this will make her come back?) and anybody else who is interested.
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
So I was watching ABC nightline and they were showing a promo on one of the debates they had. The Topic, “why can’t a single black woman find a man”. One of the guys on there was talking about how black women are looking for a man that doesn’t exist. A Denzel Washington i.e , Fiiiiiiiiine with lots of money. I personally believe it’s the broke guys that talk like that. The way I see it, the so called single gold digging black women found a way to survive before the men came along right? Anyhoo me I am just tired of the single black women talks. Like one article I once read said, can I just be single and not have it be a national crisis? I mean? But I will watch the show though because it involves Sherri Shepherd and Steve Harvey so you know its going to be absolutely heeelarious! It airs tonight on ABC at 11.35 ET
Speaking of single educated women, I have a friend who is engaged, she’s really really educated, I am talking PHD sturvs. Great right? Except for the fact that she’s not sure the guy is really into her. He doesn’t call (they are long distance by the way) and I am like sweetie, you might want to rethink this. you deserve better and she replies well I keep saying that with all the relationships I have been in, I don’t want to be old and single, I want to enjoy marriage and I am like if you marry a guy that is not into you how will that lead to an enjoyable marriage? As in I just tire..
So when I was in college my friends introduced me to the fine art of Nigerian wedding website stalking. Oh I remember spending hours on wedding websites days before my finals. It was horrible. It’s been almost 4 years and I am still a wedding website addict. I don’t spend hours like I did in college partly because i don’t have hours and partly because I have become more efficient at it. One of my buddies is getting married next year and yep you guessed it, I am going to be on a website! I really don’t know how I feel about going from stalker to stalkee cos I know how me and my friends did the people on those websites. Oh well.. c’est la vie
Ok let me go back to work.. Have a wonderful week people!
P.S Someone please tag me in the 10 things I love, I really want to do it :)
Monday, March 29, 2010
I must say this first quarter of 2010 has been quite eventful. I can’t complain though because the good definitely outweighed the bad.
I think for the first time in a long time I am able to say that life is good. I can’t say its due to any one thing, I just think it’s mostly because I finally let go of the belief that life is supposed to be easy. So right now all I do is celebrate the good and work through the bad taking everything one day at a time. I am much better for it.
My friend showed me a text from one of her toasters in naija. The guy would toast her and add bible references to back it up. So he’ll say something like “I think you are pretty (Psalm 116:12)” I almost passed out from laughing.
Speaking of naija I went to a naija wedding this past weekend the more i attend those things the more i am quite sure i want to elope. The best story was this one couple(guests at the wedding) that were dressed in all white from head to toe, as in the husband wore a white suit complete with white shoes and the wife wore white long skirt flamboyant lace outfit, her white was even whiter than the bride’s. *smdh*
What percentage of the things that happen to us in life is attributable to our decisions and consequently our actions? And what percent can we say is fate, luck, chance?
My mantra for 2010 is “no mo’ drama” I have been very proactive about it too. Peeps been getting nexted left and right.
I have this “friend”, I can’t place my finger on it but there is something just shady about the girl. I find myself not believing anything she says and not wanting to hang with her or tell her personal things about me. The problem is she’s friends with people close to me so I can’t exactly shake her :(
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
If you asked twenty good men to-day what they thought the highest of the virtues, nineteen of them would reply, Unselfishness. But if you asked almost any of the great Christians of old he would have replied, Love. You see what has happened? A negative term has been substituted for a positive, and this is of more than philological importance. The negative ideal of Unselfishness carries with it the suggestion not primarily of securing good things for others, but of going without them ourselves, as if our abstinence and not their happiness was the important point.
And then he goes on to say….
If there lurks in most modern minds the notion that to desire our own good and earnestly to hope for the enjoyment of it is a bad thing, I submit that this notion has crept in from Kant and the Stoics and is no part of the Christian faith.
And my absolute favorite..
it would seem that Our Lord finds our desires, not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.
The entire article can be found here. He uses a lot of big words but it’s quite an interesting read.