Sunday, December 7, 2008

........

Another gist post!!

I have been studying for six hours straight. I think I am seeing things right now.

I have a cold and sore throat. I think there is something about me and this Texas weather. I have been sick on average once a month since I moved here.

I saw Tyler Perry at church today. He was sitting a few feet from me. I wanted to speak to him so bad. I wanted to say “I’ve seen every one of your movies and plays, I did not too much like Daddy’s little girls. “Why did I get married” changed my life” but of course I did not. It was church and the focus should be on Jesus.

I finally got my picture taken with Barney, this weekend. I Iooove Barney, I think I know every song that the sing on the show. I did not stop actively watching it till I was 16. Yea wateva..,


Funny story, I went to a Nigerian wedding yesterday and the MC (who was absolutely horrible)was trying really hard to be funny.. During the whole bridal bouquet toss, when they called on single ladies. I guess he was dissatisfied with the turnout. He now decided to walk around and pick out the “single” girls. Anyhoo he gets to our table, boyfie was sitting next to me and this is how the dialogue went.

MC dude: How old are you?

Me: (giving him my best withering look) excuse me?

MC dude: (in a very forceful loud voice) I know you! you are single

Me: (now I am looking at him like he’s high on cheap drugs cos I have never seen this man before)err..Actually you don’t

MC Dude: is this your boyfriend?

At this point, I just decided to ignore him; he was forced to move on to his next victim, who turned out to be my ex bf’s ex girlfriend but that’s story for another day.

So now my question is when did it become mandatory to take part in the bouquet toss? As in see me see wahala..



VOTD
Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead.
You're not in the driver's seat; I am.
Don't run from suffering; embrace it.
Follow me and I'll show you how.
Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way,
to finding yourself, your true self.
What kind of deal is it to get everything you want but lose yourself?
What could you ever trade your soul for?
Matt 16:24-26(The Message)

6 comments:

olusimeon said...

studyingg for 6 hrs ..will definetly make u see things...:-)
lovely votd

Anonymous said...

Me sef, I tire from all this studying. I have been eating Ibuprofen like it is going out of style. I have perpetual aching of the head. Urghhhh I think my glasses prescription has run out. Arghhhh!!!!

Jennifer A. said...

Oh, LOLLLL...can u imagine I'm finally reading this post???

Thank God I already usurped the GIST! Muhaha!

Anonymous said...

Heard Xmas Shoes on ur blog i think the name of the artist is Newsong, really lovely song,really really touching song

olusimeon said...

hey eni....where hav u been..?
merry merry christmas...

Toluwa said...

I hate 9ja MC's who try too hard to be funny! they irk me!

anywho, first tym on here via Vera's blog.