Monday, December 1, 2008

Thats how I know that God is Real

Today, a bunch of us bloggers are writing on why we believe in God. The post title is supposed to be “I believe in God’ but I figured I’d do something different plus I like to use song lyrics as my post titles. Although “I believe in God” might be a song lyric somewhere …hmmm. Anyways, I digress.

I believe in God because my life has been a combination of way too many near misses for me to chalk it up to coincidence.

How can I explain the fact that when both my parents where unemployed due to my dad’s illness and we had absolutely NO money, somehow all the bills got paid and we never went hungry for a day

Or how when we lived in Nigeria all the neighbors around us were robbed at gun point twice and our house was the only house on the street that the thieves overlooked?

Or how when the “love of my life” abandoned me when I needed him the most and I honestly believed I was unlovable, random people who I did not even know very well came into my life and gave me the support that I thought I could only get from him.

All these are just a fraction of a fraction of the crazy events that make up my story.

You see, I don’t think I am that special or any different from the people who have been in my exact same situation and did not make it.


I just know that I know that there is a God and he LOVES me tres much!!!


VOTD
if the LORD had not been on our side
when men attacked us,
when their anger flared against us,
they would have swallowed us alive;
the flood would have engulfed us,
the torrent would have swept over us,
the raging waters
would have swept us away.
Praise be to the LORD,
who has not let us be torn by their teeth.
We have escaped like a bird
out of the fowler's snare;
the snare has been broken,
and we have escaped.
Our help is in the name of the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 124:2-8

5 comments:

olusimeon said...

He is really real..no matter how long our lists are..i think the best we can come up with would still be fractions of fractions of all He has done...

Jennifer A. said...

That's why I follow your blog. Something in your writings just always makes me wanna SHOUT...shout for joy, SHOUT in praises...burst in worship!

"You see, I don’t think I am that special or any different from the people who have been in my exact same situation and did not make it."

Exactly how I feel too..."Oh, Lord, who are WE that You are mindful of us?"

Anonymous said...

Good for you!

Rita said...

Hmmmm...God's love for you is forever, I can clearly see His presence in your life...

Omonaikee said...

hi GLL, interesting name.its a nice "vision- statement" kind of name.Amen to it!nice ta meet U