Sunday, November 16, 2008

and her name is me...

WARNING!!!
This is a totally random, maybe pointless post. Proceed at your own risk


I have just spent upwards of 12 hrs in bed.
I managed to do only one of the things I planned to do today and I do not regret it.
I needed the me time, looking at my last posts, I bet it’s been quite obvious that I have not been having the bests of times. I really thought I was going to lose my mind but I think I am over that hump now.

I once heard that sometimes the victory in a battle does not come from winning but rather surviving. I am glad to say I am surviving.

It’s the beginning of another work week and I have mixed feelings about it. My supervisor, whom I absolutely adore, is quitting. Her last day is on Tuesday and I am not looking forward to work without her. On the other hand, I finally get to see my bf, after two weeks! (This is the longest we’ve gone without seeing each other since we met! Lol)

I went to a karaoke bar for the first time last Friday, it was quite an experience, and yes I sang. And no there are no pictures or video. I actually had fun, I think I will do it again…at a different spot though.


It just occurred to me that all my friendships are geographically challenged. The people I’d much rather spend time with are in different states. I guess I have to make new friends or beg my preexisting ones to move. Anyone want to help me beg her to move to Dallas?
I really need to learn friend making skills fast or have God miraculously drop people in my life like Hes been doing so far..


I guess enough randoming for the day, its past my bed time. The VOTD is one of my absolute favoritest bible verses. Once I got the full meaning of the text. It changed my life….no this is not a Christian rhetoric , it really did change my life


VOTD
Whoever has no rule over his own spirit
Is like a city broken down, without walls.
Prov 25:18

5 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Oh proverbs, proverbs, proverbs...what would we do without you? I LURVE that VOTD...and no, it is not just a rhetoric.

"I once heard that sometimes the victory in a battle does not come from winning but rather surviving. I am glad to say I am surviving..."

In the short while I've come to know you, I've realized how inspiring you are to others, even if you don't necessarily consider yourself to be so. The lessons are hidden deep within the "journey." It is what you do while you're trying to survive that matters. And from what I've seen, no matter what your circumstances are, you always find your way back to the center of God's arms. We're helpless without Him...

Thanks for being an inspiration to me on this blog, and for those good times when we talk (lol).

*Sigh*

On a lighter note, I'm first...he he...

Fammy said...

Indeed, the victory is also in the surviving...

The music player is good. Thanks

Vera Ezimora said...

Biko, when you finish seeing your bf, can you borrow him 2 me? Some of us need boyfriends 2 see too. lol.

Anonymous said...

This is exactly what I did yesterday. I did not leave my bed until 3pm in the AFTERNOON. It was sooooo good, but I felt guilty afterwards though. I am glad you get to see boyfriend, I get to see mine in exactly 19 days after 5 months away. I am so excited.

Straight from the heart said...

You are right, surviving is also a victory, and in surviving we have a possibility of winning which is what God intends.

I love the simple way you write