Sunday, November 9, 2008

aaaah've got a feeling!!

This past week was j one of those why me Lord kinda weeks, you know the ones where so many things go wrong and you begin to ponder your existence. As in, all of a sudden you become deep like you Socrates or something. Asking questions like “what is the purpose of my life? “, “Does God really see me?”

By Thursday I was soooo sad, as in depressed, down in the dumps, horrible to be around , complaining kind of sad. And did I mention I was in physical pain too? I have this horrid toothache (apparently I have a really really bad cavity and I have to have my wisdom teeth pulled)

I could not even find the strengh to pray, I felt very disconnected and abandoned and all I could see were my seeming imposiblities. and oh I worried!

Then I went to church this morning, Well, it started with the song that came on the radio when I got in the car(as you can tell, I have a thing for music, I honestly believe God speaks to me through song)it was declaration by Kirk Franklin, ( if you’ve never heard it, youtube it: Awesome message, awesome lyrics, awesome beat). Listening to this song, I began to feel something bubble up within me, a fight within my spirit. I was like you know what, I REFUSE to lose my mind over temporary circumstances; I refuse to become another bitter depressed female. I refuse to spend valuable time I will never get back wishing and hoping things were different. I WILL get through this.

That put me in the right frame of mind for service, which was off the chain as usual but the best part was at the end of service. You see, my pastor is kinda old school so sometimes he would randomly burst into one of those old gospel songs that they used to sing back in the day. The one he sang today was “I’ve got a feeling, everything is gonna be alright” (you gotta emphasize the “I’ve” like aaaaaaaaaaaaa’ve) and for the first time I truly believed I would be ok.

So right now I am about to start the new week, my circumstances haven’t changed. My insurance still won’t pay for my teeth, my car still is not fixed, I still have a failing grade in one of my classes. But my attitude has definitely changed cos aaaaaaaaaaa’ve got a feeling….


VOTD
This is a faithful saying:
For if we died with Him,We shall also live with Him.
If we endure, We shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him,He also will deny us.
If we are faithless, He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself.
2 Timothy 2:11-13

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lovey, thanks for stopping by my house. Ah! I so feel you! and today I put on some music, got naked and danced and cried for a couple of hours and I must say I feel a bit berra.

Vera Ezimora said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. I can't say I don't understand where you're coming from or how you're feeling. But God dey.

Vera Ezimora said...

And ehm....Temite, did you really have 2 tell us you got naked? lol.

Jennifer A. said...

If we are faithless, He remains faithful...

I wrote a post before I read yours. They kinda match...

Love,
Me. Your girl! (lol)

olusimeon said...

wow.. i think i need to get that feeling tooo.......
peace and love

Unknown said...

Loved you blog. Read through every article you've published, think you're a splendid writer!
Admire your take on faith too; every article reflects a deep longing/inclination for increase in the things of God.

Buttercup said...

Aww everythin will turn out ok....

Aaaaaaaa've got a feelin i'm gonna like ur blog!

Take care!

Reverence said...

@ Temite..lol
@ Vera, I know o! Thats all i can hope for
@ Jaycee, of cuss our posts match, we r twins duh?!

@ simeone, you should.
@ adejoh, awww!! thanks please come back
@ buttercup thanks, i am sure it will. God IS faithful

ShaBANG said...

The Song that's been in my mind the last 6 months: "The Lord Will Make A Way Somehow!"
I ran across your blog this morning and I'm feeling you. The Lord doesn't bring us so far only to leave us, right?
Keep your head up, girl and remember WHO you are and WHOSE you are.