Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Arbitrary thots....

Sooo I guess I lied, yesterday was actually a one post kind of day.

It turned out to be a good day; I visited my cousin who I had not seen in years. I got to meet his wife and kids for the first time. Everything was fine until his 6 year old daughter went “aunty, when are you getting married?” even the little children too??? *sigh*

I think I just witnessed my first real life domestic violence episode. My roomie and her bf were having an argument. The boy was livid, as in, you needed to hear how he was yelling, even got me scared in my bedroom. I was so ready to dial that 911 the minute I heard stuff flying. Chut! I don’t play.

Talking about my roommate, that’s how last night I was in my room, she was in the living room with her friends. Next thing, I heard a knock on my door. I thought it was her so I was like “come in” I see this dude standing in my door all smiles, and I go “err hello?” he replies “ I just wanted to introduce myself, I heard you were Nigerian I am Nigerian too” mind you, I was in bed in my short shorts and my 2 dollar satin sleep cap looking all kinds of a hot mess. Mehn! I felt so violated.

I finally turned in my application for Mexico. So it’s semi-official. I am going on a mission’s trip! I am mucho excited. It’s off to borders, today, to get a ‘Spanish for travelers book” I can’t wait to see the awesome things that God is going to do…ahhhh!!!

Verse of the Day

We know that we have passed from death to life,

because we love our brothers.

Anyone who does not love remains in death.

1 John 3:14

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

Me-HI-co...here we comeeee!!! I'm so excited for u...LOLLL...I feel like I'm part of the trip already!