Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy week before Birthday to me

Today seems like a two post kind of day. I think its because I have a lot of time on my hands seeing as I don’t start work till next Monday. ( the day before my birthday , if I might add)
So I was reading lamentations 3(I am doing this thing where I read the non-popular books in the bible. I want to know what Nahum, Obadiah, Habakkuk , Zephaniah and the like have to say to me)Anyways, As I was saying, I came across this bible verse.
Lamentations 3:23
Who can speak and have it happen
if the Lord has not decreed it.

It was as if I had a new revelation because, you see, every time my birthday approaches I get into these moods where I start reflecting err moaning about my life. You know, the typical woeisme nobody knows the troubles I’ve seen kind of reflection.

This verse opened my eyes to the fact that even though I can attribute all my troubles to physical things like the government, the economy, my parents, the people that hurt me, the teacher that did not round up my final grade so I could not get into the grad program I wanted. NONE of these things happened without the express approval of God, as in, He allowed these things happen. This realization just floored me. I especially knew God was trying to tell me something when the next verse I read, in an entirely different book, I might add had this to say

Seek the peace and prosperity of the city
to which I have carried you into exile.
Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers,
you too will prosper. Jeremiah 29:7

I just knew I had to stop my “reflecting” and start praising. God orchestrated the series of events that led to my present situation and He wants me to flourish therein. How deep is that? So today is the day I have decided to be fully present in the present, not thinking of the past or waiting on the future. Just living each day as it comes by faith.

1 comment:

Jennifer A. said...

"I just knew I had to stop my “reflecting” and start praising. God orchestrated the series of events that led to my present situation and He wants me to flourish therein."

This is really really deep...it almost got me to tears. Its amazing when someone writes what u're feeling inside.