Thursday, July 31, 2008

Friday!!!

Friday has got to be my absolute favoritest day ever.. Not only is it the end of the school/work week. I also get to terc and do brickhouse. I don’t know if it’s possible to be addicted to spiritual experiences but I think I am there. There is this kind of high I get after service that makes me just yearn for the next week.


Sooo the book of Obadiah was read yesterday. Pretty hardcore stuff I gotta say. Its twenty one verses on how God is going to destroy the people of Edom because they messed with the Israelites. I mean like detailed descriptions of each single calamity that is going to befall them. I was quite excited when I got to verse 17 near then end and it said


But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance,
and there shall be holiness;
and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.

I vividly remember this verse from when I was growing up. It was always used to illustrate how God always steps in and restores what the enemy has stolen. It made sense in my head. This book is there to let me know, in great detail if I might add, how God is the ultimate deliverer.

So imagine my surprise when I read the summary thing that my bible gives and it said this book was a lesson about pride. Say what? Apparently the Edomites were prideful and God was trying to show them that He was actually the One in control.

This got me thinking about how many times I read a bible story and automatically assume the position of the protagonist. Nobody reads the story of David and thinks they are the Goliath…Or the Judas. It just never happens.

I guess the lesson in this is to not be so one sided about everything. I need to get in the habit of objectively examining my “issues”. It is very possible I might not be as “innocent” as I think.

No comments: