Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I hope you Dance....

That’s the title of one very amazing song by Lee Ann Womack (yes,I like country music). YouTube it..its worth the effort. I heard the song and it got me thinking about fear and how it cripples a lot of people(me included)

Countless times I have killed my expectations, telling myself maybe God doesn’t want me to have it when in reality I am really afraid to keep believing. Bishop made a statement on Sunday that cracked me up but the truth in it was really hard to ignore. He was talking about how you meet a 35 yr old single woman and she says “I don’t think I am called to be married” and he goes “I bet you she did not say that when she was 20”. LOLL!!!

How many times have you given up on a dream because it did not happen when you expected it?

Its funny how I am writing about fear and the butterflies in my tummy are doing summersaults..lol. It’s as if they are mocking me :(

I am scared because things are changing rapidly around me and I feel like I don’t have time to catch my breath.
I am also terrified because I do not know what to expect in MX this weekend. I am just believing that God is going to show up in a crazy way!!!

Anyhoo, I have to rush to class now. (I really hope this post made sense cos I seriously did not have time to edit)


VOTD
For the vision is yet for an appointed time,
but at the end it shall speak, and not lie:
though it tarry, wait for it;
because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
( does anyone else see how it says though it tarry but then says it shall not tarry?)

7 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

First...

Comes in and kicks Simeoneomobaba away from the scene *insert laughter*

Jennifer A. said...

I am totally in love with the VOTD, it has always made an impact in my life.

Fear is not of God. The thing though is that our flesh keeps being afraid, so it constantly takes the love of God to wipe it out. I can't even list the countless times fear has almost crippled me...in my visions, in my thoughts for my future...even in my relationship.

But you know what, it CAN be conquered. And I'm very sure you're gonna WIN this one...

ps: MX is so gonna be mind-blowing!

Luv ya!

Jennifer A. said...

woah........reverence...I'm just seeing the TARRY thingy. Wowwww. Yet, it speaks to me...that though it seems as though it tarry, but it shall not tarry...(I was staring at it for some seconds...lol).

olusimeon said...

i must admit i'm just paying attention to the two tarrys since i was born..the first tarry will stand for our own timing and the second one is the set time(God's time).. our fears arise most times 'cos we think our own timein is the only one available..
we just have to keep holding on "cos He does not fail..ever
****
jaycee ...big ups to you..1st 2nd and 3rd.

olusimeon said...

you have been presented an award with love...pls check my page for details...

Kafo said...

i am beginning to not like Jaycee or Simeoneomobaba oooooooooo
but yeah I love the message the whole Sermon on the Mount takes on a new and fresh meaning when you read it in this paraphrase

thank you

Fammy said...

I love the paraphrase, brings it so closer home.

And for the fear thing... we shall surely overcome...

"Countless times I have killed my expectations, telling myself maybe God doesn’t want me to have it when in reality I am really afraid to keep believing"

Much thanks, I'm pasting that on my desktop