Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I am a superwoman

I am a superwoman.
Yes I am
Yes she is
Even when I’m a mess
I still put on a vest
With an S on my chest
Oh yes
I’m a Superwoman

I heard that song on the radio, this weekend and I could not stop thinking about how true it is. No matter what it is we are going through, life goes on. The world does not stop because I am depressed or lonely or broke. I still have to fulfill my daily obligations. How annoying is that?


Man, church on Friday was awesome. My pastor always says “someone is going to be delivered tonight” whenever he really gets into the word. I think last Friday was my day of deliverance. I have to do a whole post on that sermon real soon. The best part of the sermon was when he said that we, as young adults need to be delivered from the false believe that we will ever get to a place in our life where everything will be just perfect. The reason why Paul says in the New Testament that we will be seated in heavenly places with our Father is because we don’t get to take a seat on earth…our Christian walk is meant to be a continuous process/journey to get to our destination so it’s supposed to be full of ups and downs.


In other news, I went to my first traditional wedding where I was a “friend of the bride” we even had aso ebi and alla that. My nigeiranness was seriously challenged. First I got the gele and I was like err what am I supposed to do with it? Thank God for one lady that helped me tie it. The other part was when we had to dance as the bride was coming out, I donno how to dance so I just looked awkward in the line as everybody else was dancing.

Here is a picture of my gele..i haven’t decided if I am going to be an anonymous blogger yet so I will take the pic down after a while( wateva, Jaycee)


This week marks the beginning of the fall TV season. wohooo!!(See my life?)
VOTD
A wise man fears and departs from evil,
But a fool rages and is self-confident.
Prov 14:16

10 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Lolllll...muhaha! U're so not anonymous after this post! BTW u look FANTASTIC! I can't even shout...hmmm, babe, pls can I have ur digits??? :)

I'd love to hear more about last Friday and the message...

PS: Alright, I repent...I'll get my book soon...lol.

I AM FIRST. Thank goodness Simeon isn't here...he he he...I get to cut the line today!

Jennifer A. said...

Nne, pls don't take it out...it's sooo pretty! No wonderrrr....all these Mr. T's have been chasing u...(T for __).

Second...woohoo!

Kafo said...

u look beautiful
the gele is on point

your pastor is right
it is true sometimes we are so wrapped up in creating our place in this world that we forget that it will never ALL be alright.

oh
one more thing
ur nigerianess is NOT defined by tying gele or dancing
it's a soullllllllll thang
lol

Rita said...

I just love the Word of God... it has a way of quickening someone. And thank God for the pastors that transfer His words and prophesies to us...

Please don't remove the pix. The gele is very fine. Maybe I can even copy the style for one wedding this saturday.

I really like your blog. My first time here... I was also excited to see the books "Wild At Heart" and "Captivating". I have them in my library. I made reference to the latter in one of my blogs: http://preparingforurking.blogspot.com/2008/07/something-about-this-king.html. Captivating also changed my life.

Have a beautiful day and continue in the awesome, blessed walk with God.

olusimeon said...

i am fourth..i'll be content with that...since number 1st is my person..abi jaycee?..
nothing is goin to be just perfect at every point in time..true say..
naijaness.. is in the blood.
be good

Reverence said...

jaycee
you already ahve my digits :)lol @ Mr T, u will not kobalize me o!
Kafo
yea mehn the woman had skills..and i agree i am as nigerian as they come

Rita
aww thanks :)
welcome! come back soon

simeon
haha payback is not fun eh?

Reverence said...

oh yea..sorry peeps, pic is gone. i owe people money...i have to hide myself..LOL!!

olusimeon said...

buzz

Jennifer A. said...

Saw that coming...lol.

@ Simeon...my personal person o...100% :)

Tigeress said...

what happened to the picture? :)

Just stopping by. 'like ur blog. Also saw that u're a leo too and an accountant as well. Nice. :)