Sunday, September 7, 2008

Its all about Capacity

I honestly believe T.D Jakes is one of the greatest preachers of our time. Today’s service was just awesome. I personally marvel at his ability to take a bible verse/story that I’ve heard so many times and make me see something new. We read the story of the Israelites and manna.
The focus was on Exodus 16:17&18
Then the children of Israel did so and gathered, some more, some less.
So when they measured it by omers,
he who gathered much had nothing left over,
and he who gathered little had no lack.
Every man had gathered according to each one’s need



The point of the story was that everyone had their need met. If it took six loaves of manna to satisfy a man, then six is what he got. If it took half a loaf then half is what he got. God does not overstuff us with his provisions. He gives you just as much as you need to be satisfied.


So the question is how hungry are you? What will it take to satisfy you? Are you a half loafer or a six loafer?

This means that when next I see someone with six loaves, I don't need to get envious or jealous because I only have half a loaf, I need to get HUNGRY!

So today, I vow to increase my capacity and get hungry. I intend to stop limiting God and realize that He is bigger than anything I can ever think or imagine.


* P.S This probably my last post before Mexico, this weekend. Please pray that everything goes well and also for the people we will be ministering to.

5 comments:

NewLife said...

hmmm thought provoking..thanks for sharing

Kafo said...

i hope your trip is going well.

this is soo true, sometimes i get sooo caught up in watching other people and their blessings that i forget mine and the uniqueness of each individual

olusimeon said...

i have heard this before, but not acted on it as i should, i will now.
thanks for sharing.
have a really fun and fulfilling mexico..

Rita said...

Hmmm... that message is powerful...I am going to get hungry oh...very very hungry for what God has for me...

Everything will go well...God will go before you, with you, and His word will accomplish what He wants...

All the best

Jennifer A. said...

Everything will go very well, and your experience will be phenomenal...:)