Sunday, August 16, 2009

No Title Post

I do not care what anybody says, the quarter life crisis is very real . It doesn’t have to be a bad thing but I think 25 is one of those ages where you just have to stop and ponder the direction your life is taking. I did my pondering and made some life changing decisions that I am quite proud of.

No matter how much I try to fake it, I am an introvert; I can only hang out with people for so long. After a while I need to be by myself or start to feel like I am losing my mind. This weekend was my chill at home and recover weekend. I only ventured out to the grocery store and church and I feel so much better. Ready to face the world again..lol

So I called into Vera’s show yesterday, quite interessante I must admit. The topic was happily single : Myth or fact . I was quite amazed at some of the opinions expressed. I think my favorite were the people who kept saying it was impossible to be single and happy say whaaa? Don’t get me wrong, companionship is awesome and there is nothing like having someone who loves you and all that jazz but if you can’t be happy by yourself how you going to know what a bad relationship feels like? In the words of my darling Mgbeks “marriage is not for everyone” I encourage you to listen to the show if you can.

Oh and I happened to mention that I wanted to be single for two years and apparently that’s too much? One of the lessons that God has been teaching me lately is that of delayed gratification. Just because you want it now does not mean you have to have it now. It’s the reason why you can’t build a multimillion dollar business in a year. You have to go through due process or you will get the good thing and it will slip from your hands because you won’t be able to appreciate it.

I passed my second CPA section so I am now officially 50% a CPA. God is just too good. Especially since it was my first try and no one I know has passed that section on the first try.



VOTD

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God

Ecc 3:11-13

6 comments:

LG said...

happily single ke????
*mouth wide open* :-)


dearie how u?

Anonymous said...

Congrats dear....on your 50% CPAship.

You can be happy and single BUT you cant be contented....I think.

Anonymous said...

congrats on passing your 2nd exam. Was that BEC? I'm in the same boat but I started in February and I'm waiting to hear back on my 4th exam that I sat for early July...I hope I pass cos I'd be done with all 4 in one shot...God plsss abeg oo...

olusimeon said...

congrats madam...happy for you..
and i think you just have to be happy on your own..before thinking of a happy relationship...why cant people get that.. :)

Original Mgbeke said...

CONGRATS babe! I'm sooo proud of you. :-D
My dear, this whole single talk has been the theme for a minute...I will blog about it very soon.

Enkay said...

Truly, if you can't be happy when you're single, what kind of relationship do you hope to have with that special person?

Congrats on your success!
You'll scale through the remaining 50% hassle free. Amen!