Sunday, August 30, 2009

I forgot!

Happy day before monday lovely blogville people.

How did the weekend go? I had one of my little moods this weekend. It finally became official that I won’t be able to go to naija this December among other things and I was quite depressed. I mean life was going so good and bam! Everything changes I went into full self pity mode. Complete with the sitting on the couch in PJs and not answering any phone calls.

I mean why is it that when life is going really good something ALWAYS comes to ruin it?


Well, I got my answer today. A good friend( why do people always say good friend, if they were a bad friend they wont be a friend. right?) invited me to come and watch him play at the youth Sunday at this African Baptist church, I actually ran into a blogger there( shout out to Taynement). The kids did an awesome job, anyways their whole theme was seasons and they talked about each of the four seasons and what they symbolize. Spring for planting, summer for nurturing, fall for Harvesting and winter for resting. And it actually occurred to me that I was crabby because my season was changing and I didn’t want it to change. I was enjoying spring too much and forgot that summer and fall were coming. As our people say no condition is permanent and i believe one of the tricks to doing life successfully is the ability to anticipate and accept change.

So I have been known to wear out a song… I mean I would play it every day morning noon and night if I could. My current fave is an oldie but a goodie. It has been great for my current mood. Here is a video of the live performance. It’s pretty good for a song that has only eight lines J



2 comments:

Myne said...

Donnie is one of my fave and Great always brings tears to my eyes. Right from when my dad would always sing the hymn at home.

Nice post, thanks for sharing.

Jennifer A. said...

Hey babeeeeeeeeee...

Glad that you've been blogging. Hoping to talk soon...:)