Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Party over here!!!

So today is my birthday. I officially hit the quarter century mark today, i don’t know about anybody else but my birthday is usually a reflection day. As I look back on this past year I can’t help but be thankful because God had indeed been good to me.

I am thankful for Redemption. My Father sees me even when nobody else does. I am in no shape or form perfect but he still always comes through to bail me out of my mess.

I am thankful for my Really great family

I am thankful for remarkable friends.. I am awake at this hour because my friend in naija who I haven’t spoken to in ages called to wish me happy birthday…

The random friendships I have made off blogville, from my regular blog commenter s to Gmail buddies.. I am grateful for you all.

I am thankful for resilience, The strength that God has given me to bounce back from all the crazy things that happened to me this year.. I really can’t take that for granted.

I am thankful for my recent employment upgrade, I love my new job/boss and I honestly can’t complain.

I am thankful for Rent, yes I said rent, the fact that I pay rent means I have somewhere to lay my head at night and that in itself is a huge blessing.

I am thank ful for my ridiculously fun church. I love love my church, I have met some great people there, I look forward to Sundays and Wednesdays and there is nowhere else I’d rather be on those days.

For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,

I know that full well.

My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.

When I was woven together in the depths of the eartth

your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

Psalm 139:13-16

7 comments:

Enkay said...

Yay! Happy birthday!!

Quarter of Century ain't no joke at all. Congrats!

May the good Lord continue to add to you many more fruitful years. Amen!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! Hope you have fun today,

TayneMent said...

happy birthday luv!

Jennifer A. said...

AWWW..Happy birthday to one of my favorite people. I want to say that in addition to the above, I know that there are many blessings awaiting you in the future because u're such a sacrificial giver. One who constantly blesses others will always be blessed.

Love ya!

Original Mgbeke said...

Happy birthday honey. :-D

Nice Anon said...

Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a great day!

echidiime onwudinjo said...

Happy Birthday!!!