Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The one about the dropped call.

allo wonderful blogville people...
My computer is fixed..yeaah!
its been a while and a lot has indeed happened, its February!! The month of love right? not!

Today’s post is not so random but was inspired by a random event..


The day was last week Tuesday, the time was during my lunch break , life had been crazy for a while so my best friend and I had not really had time to gist.. we ended up having to make do with conversations during lunch break errands. anyhoo, i was on my way to wlamart and also recounting the boy's latest offenses( you know those can you imagine, and then he said and then I said conversations?) I was so into it and I did not realize that I had been talking to myself for a while.. I mean t-mobile had cut me off so smooth that I did not even know when it happened.

it was not until the next day that I realized I was the exact same situation with God, We used to gist on the regular but then life and school and work and relationships and family happened I couldn’t even identify the exact time we stopped communicating. I just know we had stopped. I would even be at church and my mind would be pondering the best time to go grocery shopping to avoid all the traffic. Its not like I was not interested in the word, on the contrary I was. I had just allowed a lot of junk to drown out the still small voice.

So right now I am in the middle of the very “fun” task of “unpiling” trying to get rid of all the junk so I can hear Him clearer. But you know its soo much easier to put on than to take off.

I guess the lesson of the day is, it’s always a good idea to do an “are you there” check just to make sure your call has not dropped.


*blogville, help me pray for motivation with school, I have never been this disinterested in anything. Today, I literally drove to class, was about to turn into my building, sat at the red light for a few minutes longer than normal, said bump this, made a u turn to come home and I feel absolutely no remorse.



VOTD
If you do well, will you not be accepted?
And if you do not do well, sin lies at the door.
And its desire is for you, but you should rule over it.”
Genesis 4:7

2 comments:

olusimeon said...

wow..good thing u realised what needs to be changed..thants the very first step ...
thanks for sharing too..

Jennifer A. said...

Wow, I'm only just reading this post. Comparing our conversations with God to a dropped call is absolutely intelligent. I'm also in a place where I'm seeking to hear God's voice more clearly than ever before...so distractions...I come against u!

Oh, one tip: getting up early to pray in the mornings before beginning each day is really helping me tremendously...say about 6.30a.m. :)