Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Death Process

This is my 50th post and in a few weeks the blog will be a year old. Woot! Woot!!, now I realize that means I averaged one post per week but that is besides the point. I always come back and that’s what matters. right?

When we were younger my mum would have this random house cleaning/ decluttering episodes and she would throw/give out a whole bunch of stuff.. even things we STILL wanted. It used to make me really mad and one day I was venting to my uncle and he replied. “That’s good, that way you have room for new things” that was more than 10 years ago and I still remember what he said because it is turning out to be so true.

For growth to occur there has to be some kind of death. It’s sort of like a relationship unless you let go of the crappy bf/gf the chances of finding the right person are pretty slim.

The problem is that I am a hogger. I don’t like to let go, heck I am not even sure I know how to, so every once in a while my Father has to step in and snatch away the old things. I usually never understand the whys until I get the new stuff and I realize that there is no way I could have handled the new if the old wasn’t taken away.

This is dedicated to any hoggers like me out there. Embrace the death process. Let go! Appreciate the gift of goodbye and make space for the new because there is soo much more out there.


VOTD

And no one pours new wine into old wineskins.

If he does, the new wine will burst the skins,

the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined.

No, new wine must be poured into new wineskins.

Luke 5:37-38

3 comments:

TayneMent said...

lol, i am a hogger when it comes to papers and receipts and stuff because my brain tells me that one day I will need it. But amen to what you preached!

Original Mgbeke said...

Amen and Amen, totally hear you!

Giagerry said...

word!
like the bible sed.."old things have passed away, behold errything has become new...."(not the right words but u get my point sha)
That also implies same thing as b4 the new...the old has to pass..Pastor adeboye made me understand it in the latest convention we had here i n canada!