Thursday, August 14, 2008

How u gonna win...

Today was a good day. First, I finally saw my grades and I did great, so I guess they won’t be kicking me out anytime soon..lol .
Second, I came back to my apartment and my power was back. Yaay!!!. I just had a spring in my step all day and it got me thinking....

Why is my outlook on life so dependent on external circumstances?

I mean, I have just been in a mood these past couple of days all because things were not going my way. Snapping at people, screening calls (my personal favorite whenever I sulk). I even refused to return a couple of calls because I did not “feel like it”.

A few months ago, I decided to work on becoming a person of integrity; letting my yes be yes and no be no, obviously these moods don’t help matters. The worst part is trying to explain to all these people why I did not keep to my word *sigh*

I definitely need to do better. My actions are not lining up with my words. I tell people God is in control yet I don’t believe it. Cos you see, if I TRULY believed it, I would not be fazed by the little things.

I guess the revelation for the day is that I really need to stop talking about it and start being about it..




VOTD
For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound,
who shall prepare himself to the battle?
1 Cor 14:8
*P.S big ups to whoever can complete the title(hint: its from a song )

4 comments:

olusimeon said...

How u gonna win " if youo dont play the game'.? lol...dont think i know the song..
yeah, we should all try to live by the word(truth) and not by the facts around us..

Jennifer A. said...

"Working on being a person of integrity."

If I haven't said so before, I really do admire you. You're a person who has the confidence to think about a weakness and turn it into a strength. You're a gem because there are only few people like you in this world...

Please don't stop striving to be WHO God has called you to be.

TTYS (*s for soon*)

isha said...

Talking about a weakness and turning it into a strength. it's the way to go. God give ou strength o.
I'm glad you're offering such encouragement to everyone.

Jennifer A. said...

Maybe we shd get the Joshua Harris book on Kafo's blog...lollll (I think I need to read somn like that...muhaha...let's team up).