Monday, August 18, 2008

Tea without Sugar

I am on a diet and I don’t know how that happened. It all started when I went to put on my favorite pair of jeans and they won’t button up. Did I mention it was at 6.30am and I was getting ready for work? I had to think up a new outfit in under 5 mins. I was seriously vexed in my spirit.

The goal is seven pounds by the end of august. So here’s to lots of sugarless green tea and little to no carbs. Fuuuuuuuuun

I personally think the Olympics are a collection of life lessons. Every competitor has a story that I believe is just there to make you reflect. My favorite story is Dara Torres, the 41 year old swimming champion (who, by the way, went to my Alma mater, Go Gators!!!). During her interview, she made a statement that resonated within my spirit; “You can’t put a time limit on your dreams” and how true is that? God is the only one that knows the whens and hows and I need to fully trust Him.

Its the last week before the fall semester starts which means Christmas is coming yaaay!!! Which reminds me, someone needs to figure out what she’s doing over thanksgiving break so I can figure out what I am doing

I am really not a fan of rap but I love Lecrae and the 116 clique. (116 is Romans 1:16), every song is a like a mini sermon. Amazing!!

This is going to be awesome week because God says so!!

VOTD
For ye have need of patience, that,
after ye have done the will of God,
ye might receive the promise.
Hebrews 10:36

4 comments:

olusimeon said...

wow ..i love lacrae too...
i need that patience o..and God knows....
the time limit stuff is so very true..look at abraham and his wife ..no example beats that..

Jennifer A. said...

He he...I feel like I'm always searching for an easter egg (hidden message) in your posts...lollll....FUNNNNN!!! Woohoo!

I love that statement, "you cannot put a time limit on your dreams." That just BLEW my mind to bits...

Cheers to this 7 pounds goals...count me in as cheerleader...lol. *wink*

aloted said...

me i no dey follow the Olympics...lol

I hope u can reach ur goal at the end of aug...keep us posted

thanks for stopping by my blog..if you are interested in the thankful list pls check here for further details: http://xboxwife.blogspot.com
/2007/04/ten-things-tuesday-guidelines.html

bumight said...

I'm drinking green tea too!